Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive the patient home, and remain with the patient until a full recovery from the anesthesia has occured.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow & low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed prior to surgery. Please remember to carry appropriate containers for such to your appointment for surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with our doctors prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Updated: Wed Jun 10 2015 21:30:52 GMT-0500 (CDT) by: buckley_www.alamomaxillofacial.com